· My first responsibility as a mentor. I was scared at first. How will these kids be? How can I shape them? How can I help them?? And to be a mentor, I have to be a role model, a good one. But, can I?? I keep questioning myself capability and always be careful with everything I’ve said and done. Thinking bout how I see the current senior students makes me more careful, cause I don’t want them to ended like their senior. And I made my own rules. Be my own self. A perfectionist. 13 mentees – and Alhamdulillah, I can still handle. But by then, my mentees increased to 32, and currently, 26 active mentees. Currently the largest amount of DKE students in history. It wasn’t an easy task. With me being me, it wasn’t easy.
People around me said im too dedicated to my work.
Just let them grow up, Aerna! Don’t spoil them too much by doing much favor to them! Don’t control them, just let them be!
I hate when they criticized me that way – as if, I am . . erm. Yeah whatever. Im just being me, and I think I hate that part of me.
And surprisingly, while am doing my best taking a good care of them, I never fall sick for a long time – I used to have flu or fever twice a year, and honestly speaking, I almost had one during Tenom trip, but luckily it was on weekend, and when I get back to work, I am 100% recover! It was all because of them – they are my inner strength. Look, I’m not kissing anyone ass, but this was it.
- Wallahualam -
No comments:
Post a Comment